Sunday, February 9, 2014

Happiness and Dishes: Is There a Connection? Stay Tuned to Find Out

Random Fact: There is a direct correlation between my outlook on life and the number of dishes there are in my kitchen sink.  It's true.  I noticed this peculiarity over the past few days.  Whenever there is an empty sink and clean counters, my mood is fantastic.  I feel optimistic about life and ready to face anything.  But if there are dishes piled up in the sink, spilling out onto grimy counters, my mood plummets. I hate everyone and everything.  I grouse my way through washing dishes and cleaning up, and once it's done, viola! The sun is shining, birds are singing, and all is right with the world.
Am I the only one who does this?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Could it actually be a reverse correlation? The dishes pile up because of the mood rather than the other way around? That would be how it runs here. But Anton does the dishes. So the pile of dishes is evidence of how in trouble he is with me or not. :)

Clarkmomma said...

Im exactly the same. Having clean counters and an empty sink makes me smile when I walk into the room. The floors work similarly, but not quite as drastic.